AEA 2016 draw to a successful close.
See here for the Award Winners for AEA 2016:
AEA and TEP will be following up all the entrants with the Global Partner Program and create an Eco-System for Asian Tech Startups to accelerate their business.
Forming an ecosystem of innovation in Asia
▼The entrepreneurial power that is currently needed
Entrepreneurs who boldly pursue solutions to the world’s problems are central to global innovation. They give rise to new economic activities, build new industries and are the source of new job creation.
The chance to learn and to exchange inspiration within a gathering of peers from around the world builds confidence for young entrepreneurs to overcome challenges to forge ahead with their businesses. It also provides the valuable opportunity to learn the global perspectives needed to develop their businesses beyond the boundaries of their own countries.
▼Bringing Asian-born innovation to the world
AEA works to attract young entrepreneurs who use ingenuity and technology to take on challenges from the high-growth Asia region. From large private companies to business incubators, AEA aims to form an ecosystem that brings industry, government and academia together as one to generate innovation in Asia.
AEA 2016 Outline
Date：Sunday, June 5th to Tuesday, June 7th, 2016
Host：FUTURE DESIGN CENTER Incorporated Association
Division of University Corporate Relations – The University of Tokyo,
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.,
TX Entrepreneur Partners General Incorporated Association (TEP)
Media partners：Coming soon
(1) The entrant companies present their business plans in the semi-final (June 7th) and final sessions.
(2) In the semi-finals, each of the entrants delivers a 10-minute presentation on their businesses. The top six goes to the final.
(3) At the final session, finalists make a 10-minute presentation. After a fair judgement, prize winners of each prize will be elected.
(1) Innovativeness, commercial viability and social impact of the business, with consideration given to the potential of the business to expand and bring about changes in the global economy and society.
(2) Business performance, which includes the nominee’s competitive advantages, management team, strategic vision, and communication capabilities, including presentation skills.
Qualification for Entry：
Startup companies must meet the following requirements.
(1) Five years old or younger
(2) Not listed on public stock exchange
(3) Technology startup
(4) Must be nominated by a responsible person from a University, Research Institute, Incubator or Accelerator.
■Program Day 0 (tentative)
Sunday, June 5th, 2016
PM Discussion by the nomination committee membersTalk session*Open only to Host, Co-hosts, Sponsors and Partners
Monday, June 6th, 2016
AM Orientation, Alumni speech, Startup scenes in Asia (few countries), Sponsor lunch
PM Mentoring Session *Open only to Host, Co-hosts, Sponsors and Partners,Talk session,Individual Meetings with Sponsors
Evening Networking Dinner *Open only to Host, Co-hosts, Sponsors and Partners
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016.
AM Semi-final Session *Open only to Host, Co-hosts, Sponsors and Partners.
10-minute presentation will be followed by 10-minute Q&A session in 6 groups of companies. Judgement for Semi-final Session
PM Hall open *Open to public, Greetings, Announcement of the teams for Final session, Final Session (6 teams), Speech, Special speech
Evening Party room open *Open only to Host, Co-hosts, Sponsors and Partners, Farewell party(speech, announcement of the awards, buffet style)